Two Americans, dog in tow, move from Washington DC to Nice, France and then to the Netherlands. Stories about the trials and tribulations of being Americans abroad, musings about the things we learn and see, and of course chronicling any adventures we go on!
How about the town? Well, what have I told you? Apparently nothing. I have a slight tendency to get who I've told what confused. Responding to emails and even phone calls all get a little blurred as they really are all the same conversations about me and what the hell I'm doing. From my point of view, the sad thing is that I only really care about what YOU are up to. Next to English, the thing I miss most about being Stateside is a lack of information. Ok, next to English and food. And possibly the company of women. ANYWAY. Mbakaou is a village by American standards. There are about 4000 people running about, which was the size of my undergraduate class at UNC. I never thought of Chapel Hill as more than a town. But here, Mbakaou is a town. Also in my purview, or that of the health center's where I work, are another 13 villages amounting to about another 4000 folks. Two of them have 700 e...
You've been a good bunch so today you are rewarded with a picture post! Seriously though, I forgot to mention it, but we broke 10,000 page views a little while ago. I me an half are m e trying to see if it uploaded correctly and the other half I would assume are my lovely mother reloading constantly to see if I've updated . (Mom, I'll teach you some tricks so that it will tell YOU when I've updated.) I took a little tour of Lake Mbakaou . I take walks there pretty regu larly where I run into surprised Africans who ask me if I'm lo st and then wonder at ho w I, the white man, walked there . " But you aren't accustomed to walk ing!" It's awesome. Right now t he whole thing is practically full since rainy season i s in full swing ( every. damn. day.). Lots of my paths are flooded , but from atop the da m it's like looking at the ocean. That's the view from the road. You can see the path in the gr...
It looks like you're being chased by a magical purple laser!!
ReplyDelete